Wednesday, February 18, 2009

taking its toll on me

Hi everyone! I really don't know what to write now, I mean there a lot of things going on between my ears right now but I just could not draw out particularly what I want to talk about, what I want to write about but at the same time I want to write, I want to talk, I want pieces of me -out!

However, I don't know where to start. Should I start writing about my dilemmas? My Hang-ups? My floating state in wherever I am in my life right now? Oh gosh, i really don't know. So let me start by that one thing that prevails my thinking.

One. OJT- Yes! On the job training. You see in my course, after passing Basic and Advanced Journalism we will have our OJT or Internship the summer following the semester that the subject was taken. We had Advanced Journ on the first semester of s.y.2008-2009, we should have our internship this summer. yes! barely two months to go! AND I still do not have a place or a company to go to while almost all of my classmates already have their "employers to be". I'm happy for them of course(we are always like that, very supportive and happy for whatever good thing it is that is happening amongst us-11)
the idea of them or us having our practical training in the place where almost everyone is just so into what they're doing lights up our faces, especially in our field, the Media. And here I am.. the BUM-to-be of the group.. gosh! This is UNFORTUNATELY just so typical of me I know. There' s no one to point fingers to but -ME.. I was perfectly aware when some of my classmates were already drafting their resume and application letters and had it checked by our teacher but then the poor Kaye just stopped and threw a few declarations like "I'll work on this tonight", "I promise to draft my resume after my class and send it to papa and ma'am yen for checking." but as usual my laziness and love for procrastination took the best of me and now iot's taking its toll in my future career..hay.... Karen-my housemate and classmate and more than anything else "a very dear friend" was and still is very helpful of course. she gave all the contacts she have for us to send our own resume's and application letters.. I got those of course but I really didn't have the adrenaline to do some real work on what is supposed to be one of the major chapters of my college life that would spell a bright future for me. I already sent my application letters and resume's through email though..I really hope they'd notice me real soon.

That's it for now.. I hope I'd blog about really good stuff soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment